Grove House - Wash Stand and Arched Stained Glass Window
This photo is of a small stained glass window and shutter. Standing above a built in washstand cupboard with flip up lid and door.
The small window can be seen on the garden side of the house.
This feature is one of a number of period details that still remain within Grove House. Grove House is a prominent Georgian grade ii listed building situated on Chatteris High Street. Built in 1818 it remained in use as a house up until around 1945 when it was given to the Chatteris town council. The house was used as offices, museum and children’s centre. It was later sold to Isle college for use as an adult education institution. In 2012 following planning permission it was sold for the purposes of changing back to a single residential home – The purpose for which it was originally built.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.