Grove House - Soffit and Guttering
This picture shows the detail on the Soffit and Guttering of Grove House. The Soffit contains over 280 inverted wooden acorns, as well as 4 sections of moulded woodwork. The guttering is made of cast iron and contains Lion’s head detailing.
This feature is one of a number of period details that still remain within Grove House. Grove House is a prominent Georgian grade ii listed building situated at No. 74, Chatteris High Street. Built in 1818 it remained in use as a family house up until around 1945 when it was given to the Chatteris town council. The house was used as offices, the home of the Chatteris museum and also as a Sure Start children’s centre for a number of years. It was later sold to Isle college for use as an adult education institution. In 2012, following planning permission being granted, it was sold by Isle College for the purposes of once again being used as a single residential home.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.