Grove House - Formal Room
This image shows some of the features in the main meeting room in Grove House. The grand floor to ceiling length mirror, decorative ceiling and shutters.
These features are just some of the period details that still remain within Grove House. Grove House is a prominent Georgian grade ii listed building situated at No. 74, Chatteris High Street. Built in 1818 it remained in use as a family house up until around 1945 when it was given to the Chatteris town council. The house was used as offices, the home of the Chatteris museum and also as a Sure Start children’s centre for a number of years. It was later sold to Isle college for use as an adult education institution. In 2012, following planning permission being granted, it was sold by Isle College for the purposes of once again being used as a single residential home.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.