Dwelly the Chemist Shop. Park Street. Chatteris
A Pharmacy since around 1800, 33 Park Street was owned by pharmacist Hedley Dwelly from 1917. From his death in 1940 his son Egbert ran the shop without pharmacy registration selling patent medicines and agricultural medicines until around 1985. The contents and furnishings were as they were in 1917 and the building complete with contents was bought by a Dr Guy of Ely around 1985 who auctioned everything in 1987. This photo could be early 1980s.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.